Expense DisclosuresThe Office of the Legislative Assembly supports private MLAs in representing their constituents and fulfilling their legislative duties. Linked below are quarterly statements of expenses, listed by MLA, beginning with the second quarter of the 2015-2016 fiscal year. Additional detail about MLA allowances and expenses is available at the bottom of the page.
1st Session, 65th General Assembly
2015-2016 Fiscal Year
2nd Session, 65th General Assembly
2015-2016 Fiscal Year
A link to ministerial expenses is provided below. Ministers' expenses are posted in the Public Disclosure Expense Report on the Government's website. Any questions about a Minister's expenses should be directed to the Minister's office.
Office of the Legislative Assembly Supports
The above allowances and expenses are paid to eligible Members of the Legislative Assembly by
the Office of the Legislative Assembly as provided for in Section 46 of the Legislative Assembly
Act, or by decision of the Standing Committee on Legislative Management.
Members are presently entitled to be reimbursed, on a claim basis, for the following:
- Inter-sessional mileage at prevailing civil service rates for up to five return trips per month from the member’s home to Charlottetown when the Legislature is not in session.
- Sessional mileage at prevailing civil service rates from the member’s home to Charlottetown for each sessional sitting day.
- Committee mileage at prevailing civil service rates from the member’s home to Charlottetown for each day on which Legislative Assembly Committee meets.
- Home internet service reimbursement ($48.96/month) for non-ministerial members of the Legislative Assembly
- A Legislative Assembly-issued tablet or laptop and printer is provided for the Member's use
- A Charlottetown Office is provided along with administrative and research staff support, including mailing and printing privileges.
Caucus Office Supports
In addition to these amounts, eligible Members of the Legislative Assembly may be reimbursed
through their respective caucus offices for other expenses such as office supplies,
telecommunications, professional and contract services, travel not reimbursed by the Office of
the Legislative Assembly, equipment, printing, advertising, hosting and other expenses
associated with legislative duties performed by a Member of the Legislative Assembly in the
conduct of their legislative responsibilities. These funds are administered by the Caucus Offices
with the following budget amounts provided in Fiscal Year 2015-2016:
- Government Members Office - $120,400
- Official Opposition Members Office - $120,400
- Office of the Third Party Office - $20,000
In addition to these amounts, the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly and the Leader of the
Official Opposition are entitled to receive a government issued vehicle and credit card for gas
and maintenance or $775 month vehicle allowance plus, on a claim basis, mileage at the rate of
½ the prevailing civil service mileage rate for in province travel associated with Speaker or
Leader of the Opposition business or full mileage reimbursement for out of province travel
associated with Speaker or Leader of the Opposition business.