More in this section
Forms and Resource Materials
OIPC PEI Bulletins
- Issue 1 (PDF)
- Request to Access Information Online (Web Form) The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner does not receive and process access to information requests. You are leaving the website of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (Legislative Assembly) and going to a website of the Government of PEI.
- Request to Access Information (PDF Form)
- Request for Review - FOIPP and HIA (PDF Form)
- Report a Privacy Breach (PDF Form)
- Privacy Breach Reporting Guidelines (PDF)
- Privacy Impact Assessment (PDF)
- PEI Health Information Act At a Glance (PDF) - An overview of the Health Information Act for people and organizations who provide health care or manage the health care system, to ensure proper handling of the personal information of people in their care.
- PEI Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act At a Glance (PDF) - An overview of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to provide people with an explanation of their right to access information and their right to the protection of their personal information as provided by the Act.
- Facts about Facial Recognition (PDF)
Additional Resource Materials
Alberta FOIP Guidelines and Practices Manual 2009 - The Prince Edward Island Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act is based on Alberta's legislation. While the two Acts are not the exactly the same, the Alberta manual may be a useful resource.
Alberta FOIP: Focus on Privacy - This interactive online course takes one to two hours to complete (at your leisure) and will give you a better understanding of your rights to information access and privacy, the provincial government's obligations under the Act, and the process of accessing information. Again, while the two Acts are not the exact same, this Alberta course is a useful resource.
Canadian Legal Information Institute Database [CanLII] - CanLII is a non-profit organization managed by the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. CanLII's goal is to make Canadian law accessible for free on the Internet. This search engine is not limited to access and privacy matters but provides access to many court decisions or past decisions of the federal and provincial Information and Privacy Commissioners of Canada.
Federal/Provincial Information and Privacy Offices
- Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Federal Access to Information and Privacy Coordinators
- Information and Privacy Commissioner of Nunavut
- Information and Privacy Commissioner of the Northwest Territories
- Yukon Ombudsman and Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia
- Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta
- Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
- Ombudsman's Office for Manitoba
- Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
- La Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec
- Access to Information and Privacy Commissioner for New Brunswick
- Information and Privacy Commissioner for Nova Scotia
- Information and Privacy Commissioner for Newfoundland and Labrador
Privacy and Access Council of Canada - Conseil du Canada de l'Accès et la vie Privée (PACC-CCAP) - PACC-CCAP is a national association in Canada dedicated to the access and privacy community in both the private and public sectors. Its services are relevant to members of the profession, as well as to others who are interested in understanding Canada's access and privacy landscape. PACC-CCAP provides independent, unbiased and substantive professional certification of access and privacy professionals and offers a range of education, training and professional development opportunities.