More in this section
Members receive group insurance coverage equivalent to that provided to the Excluded Employees Group of the Government of PEI, with the exception of long-term disability coverage, as follows:
- health, dental and drug coverage at 80%;
- life insurance equal to three times annual earnings upon death to a maximum of $300,000. Additional life insurance increments of $10,000 can be purchased at a preferred rate by the member to a maximum of $300,000.
Equipment, office and services
The Legislative Assembly provides private members (i.e. non-ministers) with the following:
- a Legislative Assembly-issued tablet or laptop and printer for the member's use;
- office space within the legislative precinct, including mailing and printing privileges;
- home internet service reimbursement at the rate of $88.92/month.
Parking is provided for members by permit, at the Queen Square parking lot on the corner of Richmond and Great George Streets. Permits are issued by the Sergeant-at-Arms/Director of Security and must be displayed on the front windshield.
Sections of the Legislative Assembly budget are devoted to the caucus offices. These offices may in turn use their funding to reimburse their members for other expenses such as office supplies, furniture, telecommunications, professional and contract services, travel not reimbursed by the Legislative Assembly, television/cable, audio-visual equipment, printing, advertising, hosting and other expenses associated with legislative duties performed by members in the conduct of their legislative responsibilities. These funds are administered by the caucus offices and reported on publically per quarter.